We are an experienced translation agency. Working in the languages German, English, French, Italian, and Spanish, we translate mostly highly technical texts from the fields of engineering and business. We offer individuals currently enrolled in a curriculum of translation studies and who are required to do a compulsory three-month internship the opportunity to work for us. Your native language and primary working language(s) must be German, English, French, Italian, Spanish and/or Russian. We prefer engineering and marketing to be your major subject areas. We require good PC skills using MS Office software. Knowledge of translation tools such as SDL Trados or Wordfast are an advantage. During your internship, you will be trained by professional translators.
- General introduction to our company's organisation and philosophy
- Introduction to the hardware and software (translation tools) we use
- Assistance with client acquisition
- Introduction to processing orders:
Letters of confirmation
Execution of orders
Sending back to client
- Correspondence and telephone calls with clients in Germany and abroad
- Translating assigned projects, including terminology research and making entries (using Translation Memories and terminology databases while observing structure and style guidelines)
- Proofreading and providing feedback on external translations as well as making corrections
- Drafting style guidelines for translators
- Terminology work (creating/maintaining glossaries using MultiTerm or TermBase)
- Familiarisation with translation tools that have not yet been used or not used very often (e.g., Déjà-Vu, Across, etc.). Introduction to the software and its functions.
- Possibly language tuition
Does this sound like an interesting opportunity to you? If so, please send us your detailed application. If you are considering an internship at TetraLingua, we will be more than happy to provide you with reports from our former interns about their experience here. If you would like to apply for an internship, please send us your complete application in good time (cover letter, CV, copies of school certificates, copies of references/job references, further education etc.). You can apply online or by post.
We offer students currently enrolled in a curriculum of translation studies and who are required to do a compulsory internship of at least three months the opportunity to work for us. Please note: We can only offer orientation internships or compulsory internships which take place before or during your training or studies.