Summer time is holiday time for many people, and if you would like to spend your holiday in a foreign country, you often have to overcome language barriers, for even average knowledge of the language is sometimes insufficient, for example if your car suddenly breaks down (which we don’t wish on anyone, of course) and you are looking for words such as “generator” or “V-belt” in the foreign language. Luckily, dictionary and translation apps offer you the possibility of looking up words or even whole sentences quickly and comfortably in all possible languages. We would like to present some of them to you below.
© Africa Studio/Shutterstock.com © Brian Maudsley /Shutterstock.com © Gary Woodard /Shutterstock.com © Marc Roche / Fotolia © Daniel Ernst / Fotolia © buladeviagens / Fotolia, © Swapan / Fotolia © Jacob Lund /Shutterstock.com © andyller / Fotolia © REDPIXEL.PL /Shutterstock.com © REDPIXEL / Fotolia © Gonzalo Aragon /Shutterstock.com © adam121 / Fotolia © s_l / Fotolia © Syda Productions / Fotolia © Rawpixel.com / Fotolia © Romolo Tavani / Fotolia © Kate Aedon /Shutterstock.com © Photographee.eu / Fotolia © roibu /Shutterstock.com © WilliamJu / Fotolia © vschlichting / Fotolia © Petrus Bodenstaff / Fotolia © iStock.com/Mlenny © sebra / Fotolia © Björn Wylezich / Fotolia © pressmaster / Fotolia © Eisenhans / Fotolia © Syda Productions / Fotolia © Rawpixel.com / Fotolia © Romolo Tavani / Fotolia © nhungboon /Shutterstock.com © Tanja Tilch© Ekkachai /Shutterstock.com© krivinis /Shutterstock.com © Lamai Prasitsuwan /Shutterstock.com © pikselstock /Shutterstock.com © Andrei Korzhyts /Shutterstock.com © ESB Professional /Shutterstock.com
- Dict.cc – This German-English dictionary, which can also be used offline, offers translation from German or English into other languages as well. Users can also submit suggestions for change or improvement. The app is free of charge and is financed by advertising. If you would like to do without advertising, you can purchase the paid version.
- PONS Dictionary – This app by the well-known publishing house includes 35 dictionaries altogether, mainly in the combination with German, but also for other language pairs. It also offers voice output and voice recognition as well as travel vocabulary. Furthermore, simple sentences and texts can be translated by machine. In addition, the app creates a search history. The app is free.
- Linguee – This dictionary offers translations for English and further languages. It can be used offline, and the app searches the Internet for the meanings of words online as well. It also shows examples of usage in addition to the vocabulary. The app is free of charge.
- LEO – This dictionary, which is free of charge as well, translates from German into some other languages. The entries can be discussed in a forum.
- Translate Professional – This app translates words and simple sentences between more than 50 languages. It also includes translations of over 300 common phrases, which are also available offline. In addition, terms of different subject areas can be translated. The basic version is free of charge, but voice output can be purchased.
- movin’App Offline Dictionaries – This producer offers a series of free dictionaries for different language pairs, for example German-Italian, which can be used offline.
- Microsoft Translator – This free app by Microsoft includes over 50 languages and is also available offline. It also has voice recognition and voice output, and it can recognise the texts of photos or pictures. In addition, users can create memory lists of frequently used words. The app masters Klingon as a bonus for nerds.
- PROMT Translator – Words, sentences and websites can be translated with the PROMT app. Terms of different subject areas can be translated. The app offers voice recognition and voice output as well as a language guide for trips abroad, which can also be used offline. In addition, the app creates a search history. The online version of the app is free of charge; however, the offline version (except the language guide) is not.
For more detailed information, please see the description at the iTunes Store or Google Store.
- Any questions?
Just call us:
- +49 89 67989548
You could be interested in this too